But be humble about it. Don’t go on Facebook and toot your horn. No pics, please. Ultimately, even though they won’t tell you- NO ONE CARES.
So I’m going on here, while I still have some good news, which for me is GREAT news- LIFE EXTENDING news- I’VE LOST 20 lbs. (I need to lose 32 more lbs. but for right now, before it goes away, I need to relish this achievement.)
I have CHF. Being overweight for me is slow suicide. Getting to 192 literally saves my life. It’s something I can control but up until now have not. At 246 I almost died. My Ejection Fraction was at 6. It’s supposed to be at 50. I couldn’t breathe, my heart was slowing down, my body was swelling. I went into the hospital and within 3 days they took off 20 lbs.
So how am I doing this?
1. It’s all in your head. Ask yourself before binging, “Am I really hungry?” This is simple, YOU’RE NOT, but you’re fighting your psyche. I like the taste of food and sometimes my mind just wants to taste a food item that I know is delicious. That’s all fine. But what happens after that is on me. IN THIS COUNTRY, WE HAVE NEVER, I MEAN NEVER, BEEN CLINICALLY HUNGRY. That’s an impossibility.
2. EATING HEALTHY SUCKS. Don’t be fooled by this scam. There are way too many people who pride themselves on “eating healthy” but who are fatter than people who eat junk food. If your goal is to lose weight quit worrying about “eating healthy.” If you think eating healthy is more important than losing weight, you’re an idiot. Quit reading this article. It’s not for you. (You can always humor yourself later, if you think you know what eating healthy really means, but now is not that time.)
3. Again, really think about this, and ask yourself, AM I HUNGRY? If not, why are you putting food in your mouth? I can’t emphasize that enough.
4. CALORIES. That’s all you should worry about. Stop worrying about fat free, gluten-free, carbs, protein, etc. CALORIES are all you must worry about right now.
As you lose weight your stomach shrinks and food becomes less important. This is your goal. Food is not your friend; it’s a necessary evil.
5. NEVER SAY “I LOVE FOOD.” Are you insane?
To be continued…